PITTSBURGH, PA (March 19, 2020) Senior Center alternative meals will be provided to those seniors who are currently registered for normal congregate meal service beginning tomorrow, Friday, March 20, 2020. A pre-packaged (likely frozen) meal will be available through the current food distribution providers that are used through the Allegheny County Area Agency on Aging program. Seniors who are registered for this program have previously identified as being in need and regularly receive these meals.
Pre-packaged meals will be available for take-out only and will be served between 11 AM – 1 PM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at one of these City Healthy Active Living (Senior) Centers:
- Glen Hazel – 945 Rosselle Court, 15207
- Sheraden – 720 Sherwood Avenue, 15204
- Southside – 12th St & 1 Beford Square, 15203
- Lawrenceville – 4600 Butler Street, 15201
- Homewood – 7321 Frankstown Avenue, 15208
- Hazelwood – 5344 Second Avenue, 15207
Approximately 100 meals per day will be distributed to registered seniors.
Seniors who are not registered for the program but are in need of food or other resources should contact the Allegheny County Area on Aging’s SeniorLine (1-800-344-4319).