CME Stress Management Class with Dr. Bruce Rabin
Wednesday, October 16 @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM$50
Stress and burn-out relief for medical professionals
A workshop led by Bruce Rabin, MD
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh Maimonides Society, in partnership with the Allegheny County Medical Society, presents a continuing medical education (CME) opportunity with Dr. Bruce Rabin for all medical practitioners.
A cost of $50 per person will include heavy hors d’oeuvres and 2 CME credits.
- Are you sometimes emotionally exhausted by the end of a day of working with patients?
- Do you feel increasingly cynical about the health care system?
- Do you feel a decreased sense of job satisfaction over the years?
You are not alone. About half of healthcare practitioners have developed symptoms of burn out, and rates of burn-out have been rising.
How can Dr. Rabin help you at this event?
Dr. Bruce Rabin has spent 45 years doing research in the science of coping with stress as Professor of Pathology at the University of Pittsburgh and Medical Director of the Division of Clinical Immunopathology and the Healthy Lifestyle Program for UPMC. Dr. Rabin has the unique ability of bringing his academic experience into real-world application by developing and implementing stress-coping programs which have been shown to help people practice and adhere to behaviors that maintain their wellness and lower their risk of developing serious and potentially life-threatening conditions and diseases.
As a result of his work, people of all ages, socioeconomic levels, educational backgrounds and lifestyles are learning how to more effectively cope with the stress in their lives; new approaches to disease have been understood; mind-body connections are more widely and universally recognized; and innovative approaches to health care management have emerged.
In January 2017, Dr. Rabin retired from UPMC, and is now spreading his stress-coping programs throughout our community. For the first time, Dr. Rabin has tailored his program specifically to help medical professions…and you are invited!
About the event:
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh Maimonides Society, in partnership with the Allegheny County Medical Society, presents Dr. Rabin’s transformational stress-coping program tailored specifically for healthcare professionals. Continuing medical education (CME) are provided.
In this 2 hour program, you will:
- Learn what the clinical effects of stress have on your mental and physical health.
- Learn to use behaviors and techniques that act as buffers to reduce the effect of acute and chronic stress on your health.
- Be able to practice the stress-coping buffers that will have a positive effect on your personal and professional life.
- Be able to deliver tools and information to your patients to reduce the effect of stress on their health.