Imam Chris Caras of the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh and Rabbi Jonathan Perlman of New Light Congregation will lead a five week virtual class in the discussion of Ramadan, Eid al-Fatr, Hajj, Passover, Shavuot and The Counting of the Omer. Classes will be conducted with Zoom.
They are free but you must register at newlightcongregation.org/events/the-omer-and-ramadan by April 24.
The five topics to be addressed are:
- April 28 – The Origins of the Passover in the Torah
- May 5 – The History and Practices of Ramadan
- May 12 – Counting to Sinai: The Meaning of the Omer
- May 19 – Ending Ramadan: Eid al-Fitr and the Haj
- May 26 – Shavuot (Weeks) and the Purpose of Sacred Seasons