An insurance program that pays half of all premiums for policies that create permanent endowments.
Did you know…
The Jewish Community Foundation has an insurance program that pays half of all premiums for policies that create permanent endowments for the Community Campaign or for the Jewish Community Foundation’s Unrestricted Fund?
Here’s an example:
We met with a couple, both age 59, that wanted to endow their $5,000 commitment to the Annual Campaign. We explained that our endowment funds use a 5% income formula so they would need to establish a $100,000 endowment to perpetuate their $5,000 commitment to the Annual Campaign. We discussed establishing the fund as a bequest, but instead decided to fund it with an insurance policy for the following reasons:
- A $100,000 survivorship policy on the couple’s lives was acquired that required just three premium payments of $11,200.
- Unlike a bequest, the couple’s premium payments generated a current income tax deduction.
- The Foundation pays half of all premiums for policies that endow Annual Campaign commitments—thus the couple only needs to pay $5,600 each year for three years, ($16,800 total) rather than leaving a $100,000 bequest.
If a donation scenario like this one sounds appropriate for you, the Jewish Community Foundation has the experience and technical expertise to help. The Jewish Community Foundation can:
- Simplify the process of contributing highly-appreciated, non-publicly traded assets
- Help you realize the most favorable tax consequences with the greatest charitable impact
- Work with you and your advisor to prepare and plan for contributions in advance of a liquidity event