Community Engagement and Collaboration Director
Ensure that Federation’s engagement programs are collaboratively planned with a focus on engaging Pittsburgh’s Young Adult population (22-45).
Posted: April 5, 2023
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the DCEC will be responsible for ensuring that Federation’s engagement programs are efficient, effective, and collaboratively planned with a particular focus on engaging Pittsburgh’s Young Adult population (22-45) in meaningful opportunities for Jewish life and building a pipeline to leadership. Following a strategic restructuring that led to the recent creation of an entirely new Community Engagement and Collaboration department, the DCEC will be joining the Federation at an exciting time with the opportunity to collaboratively design a vision for community-wide Jewish engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Young Adult Engagement
- Lead staff team serving YAD (Young Adult Engagement) in the planning and execution of programs and initiatives to engage Young Adults in Jewish life
- Work with Development to establish and steward an effective engagement to donorship/leadership pipeline
- Work with the Buncher Institute for Leadership Development (BuILD)in the planning and execution of leadership development programs for Young Adults
- Establish and steward relationships with community partners in the Young Adult space
- Engage with young adult community members one-on-one to build strong relationships in Pittsburgh
- Work closely with YAD volunteers and lay leaders
- Supervise the YAD Programming and Planning Associate in the planning and execution of YAD events and YAD microgranting
- Supervise the Young Adult Development Coordinator in the administrative and logistic support of the department
Community Engagement and Collaboration
- Lead Federation efforts in the creation of a comprehensive engagement strategy across all departments
- Lead Federation efforts in the creation of a comprehensive strategy around collaboration with community partners
- Supervise the Federation Scholar in the planning and execution of Adult Jewish Learning programs serving the community
- Supervise the Director of BuILD in the establishment of a new institute for lay leadership development serving core partners and community organizations
- Supervise the Senior Manager of Jewish Life and Community Engagement in the coordination of resources, funding, and convenings supporting early-childhood, part-time school, day school, and teen engagement professionals
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably in organizational management, Jewish studies, communal work, or related. Masters’ degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of, relationship building and programming, or related experience, with Jewish communal field or Federation background a plus.
- Management or supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Confident professional with experience working with volunteer leadership, a magnetic and welcoming personality.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the Jewish community, Israel and world Jewry, and a keen sense of trends and culture of the young adult community.
- Strong background in IDEA/DEI/JEDI principles and a willingness to foster inclusive community
- Experience in direct fundraising solicitation, volunteer engagement and group facilitation helpful.
This position has a competitive salary of $75,000-$90,000 a year commensurate with experience.
A PEOPLE-FRIENDLY WORKPLACE
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh offers people friendly environment, including:
- Excellent health care and retirement benefits
- Generous time off
- Hybrid work arrangement
- Opportunities and an annual stipend for continued professional development, including access to the JPRO Network, which connects, educates, inspires, and empowers professionals working in the Jewish nonprofit sector
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STATEMENT OF EEO AND INCLUSION
The Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any genetic information.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.