Development Operations Associate
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh’s Development Operations Team has an outstanding opportunity for an organized, analytical, and customer service-oriented individual to join the team.
November 2, 2022
The Development Operations Associate will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of the Federation donor database (Blackbaud eCRM) so that it can be fully utilized by Federation staff. This position will support internal staff for data and operational needs, as well as being externally facing to serve as the primary customer service contact for all donor services. This is a full-time, exempt position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Database Maintenance & Data Analysis
- Build queries/selections/exports and prepare reports, analyses, and data models to support Federation operations across all departments and supported organizations
- Investigate the origin of data discrepancies; research and provide explanations regarding data inconsistencies and provide solutions
- Build, automate and implement new procedures to expand database usage and improve organizational efficiencies
- Perform data analysis and design processes to ensure integrity of the data
- Serve as the lead for billing and mailing processes of donor correspondence
Customer Service & Donor Relations
- Serve as the primary customer service contact for all donor services (e.g. review and explain pledge, donation, and billing processes to donors)
- Support donors who wish to make payments over the phone and provide follow-up communications as needed
- Maintain Donor Services email account and phone line; answer all communications in a timely and courteous manner
- Work with the Development Operations team and other internal departments as needed to troubleshoot donor questions and service requests
- Create and train employees on advanced usage of the database and provide regular updates to key leaders
- Provide cross-functional support to Donor Operations team members
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize deliverables
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills – ability to think logically and methodically
- Demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Office Suite, with a strong emphasis on Excel, and relational databases, with CRM database experience a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business intelligence and/or dashboarding platforms
- Strong knowledge of online web conferencing platforms including Teams and Zoom
EDUCATION, TRAINING or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree: relevant commensurate experience will be considered
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with relational databases, with experience in CRM databases preferred such as Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, and/or Microsoft Dynamics
- Prolonged periods sitting (optionally standing) at a desk and working on a computer
- Ability to communicate and exchange information, collect and prepare work documents
- Ability to operate office devices such as printers, copiers, and postage/mail machines
- This position does not require heavy lifting over 15 pounds or standing for extended periods
This position has a competitive salary of $50,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience. The Federation offers a competitive benefits package when compared to other non-profits in the region, which includes medical, dental, and vision benefits, partial retirement match, parental leave, and a generous sick time and paid-time off package including Jewish holidays in addition to federal holidays.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume along with the subject heading “Development Operations Associate” to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
STATEMENT OF EEO AND INCLUSION
The Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any genetic information.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.