Drive internal communications, craft marketing content, and manage diverse marketing projects in a collaborative environment.
Posted: August 29, 2023
The Marketing Associate will act as an internal client manager, connecting marketing staff members and other Federation staff to communicate current marketing messaging and positioning, determine client needs, and translate these needs into marketing materials. The Marketing Associate will manage project details and assist, as needed, in all marketing efforts and write, edit, design, and manage materials for clients in collaboration with other team members.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. We provide funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provide health and human welfare services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Keep marketing projects on track by creating schedules and through follow-up with requesting departments and marketing staff as needed.
- Ensure that client materials adhere to brand positioning, style guides, written style requirements, and brand guidelines to ensure a consistent “look and feel” for Jewish Federation brands and ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a design consultant, creating new visual ideas in cooperation with an expert designer and manipulating, adapting, and completing existing designs to conform to new project requirements.
- Own the “Creative Brief,” serving as an internal expert and making changes as needed.
- Measure marketing campaigns and make presentations and recommendations to internal clients as a result; use measurement to inform marketing managers on how to improve the deployment of marketing strategies and tactics for various categories of programs.
- Write advertisements, press releases, brochures, websites, and other marketing content.
- Work as a team player to assist, where needed, throughout the Marketing Department to ensure that projects meet their projected deadlines.
- Work as needed with volunteers on marketing strategy and content, helping to solicit strategic input on Marketing Department strategy projects.
- Write press releases and other media relations materials in cooperation with the Director of Marketing.
- Periodically staff Federation events and fundraisers; some evenings and weekends may be required.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the following areas:
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- The ability to manage multiple projects while working collaboratively with various audiences.
- Must possess a strong customer focus.
- Understanding of marketing, printing, and advertising.
- Demonstrated skill in writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Proficiency in the following software: MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Prefer knowledge of the Adobe InDesign elements of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite.
- Prefer knowledge of the Canva design suite.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
This position has a competitive salary of $48,000 to $58,000 a year commensurate with experience.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STATEMENT OF EEO AND INCLUSION
The Jewish Federation of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any genetic information.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
This job announcement is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.