Young Adult Engagement Grants
Up to $1,000
Request for Proposals
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis beginning July 1st, 2023.
Do you have a clear vision of how you would like to gather similarly minded Jewish young adults in the Pittsburgh region, but lack the funds to turn your ideas into reality? We have funds to empower you and amplify Jewish grassroots programming! YAD is offering up to $1,000 in reimbursable program expenses to 501(c)(3) organizations gathering Jewish young adults in Pittsburgh.
The Young Adult Engagement Grant is available now! Programs can be one-off events or a recurring series—that’s up to you. However, please note that funding is limited. Therefore, collaborations and partnerships are strongly encouraged.
Collaboration Pays Off!
Organizations applying with at least one other organization* qualify for the full $1,000 amount in reimbursable program expenses. Funding is capped at $500 for organizations applying as the sole programmer for an event. We really are incentivizing you to connect!
If applying as an individual, rather than on behalf of an organization, you must be working in fiscal partnership with a registered 501(c)(3) organization.
- Seek to build community and gather young adults ages 22-45
- Run inclusive programming for Jews of all backgrounds and abilities
- Demonstrate capacity and commitment to manage the proposed program
- Record and share event attendance with Federation
- Complete a post-event reflection that debriefs the success of the event
- Produce a budget report that aligns with the application’s proposed budget (please keep all receipts, as they will be required to receive reimbursement)
- Include Federation branding on all public-facing marketing materials
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed by YAD’s Outreach and Engagement committee.
*Your collaborating partner must be a separate 501(c)(3) organization from your own organization, i.e., departments from the same organization are not considered collaborative partners for the objective purposes of this grant.
How to Apply
- Create an applicant profile and invite collaborators to do the same. Also, have your executive director and board chair, if applicable, create their own profiles so that they can e-sign the application later in the process.
- Take the eligibility quiz and select the Young Adult Engagement Grants funding opportunity. Please follow these steps to access the eligibility quiz:
- Click on the triangle next to your name in the top right corner and select "My Account."
- On the left side under Account Settings select "Eligibility." Then click the green box that says Update your eligibility profile.
- Select "Young Adult Engagement Grants” and enter the access code “YAD23”. Then click "Next" followed by "Save my profile."
- In the box that says Young Adult Engagement Grants, click the green box that says "More," followed by "Apply."