Get FREE Money for a Trip to Israel!
PLEASE READ these Instructions for completing the Israel Scholarship Application:
- Applications are submitted via the Federation Grantmaking Portal.
- Please choose the sign-up button at the bottom right corner of the screen and create your profile and password – PLEASE NOTE: This profile should be in the name of the APPLICANT/STUDENT/TEEN, not the parent.
- We strongly recommend that this application be completed together with both child/student and parent/legal guardian.
- Once you are logged into your new account, please complete the eligibility quiz, underneath the “IMPORTANT NOTICE” that you must read.
- When completing the quiz, you will be ask what grant you are applying for today – choose “Israel Scholarships.” Please DO NOT choose any other grant, as the Israel Scholarship is the ONLY grant we offer for Israel teen travel.
- Once you have completed the quiz, you will be prompted back to your home screen. Please scroll down and choose the BLUE BUTTON that says “View Applications.”
- Under your applications table, you will see Israel Scholarship Program listed - at the end of the table, under “Actions,” please choose the CREATE SUBMISSIONS button, which will prompt you to the actual application.
- This will prompt you to the “application round” page with your list of TASKS: please fill out the “Israel Scholarship Program Application” in full.
- If you plan on also applying for need-based funds, when you are asked in the application if you want to apply for need-based aid, please choose YES. You will need to complete the second task, “Need-based Application Form – Israel Scholarship Program.” After completing this/these prerequisite tasks, you will be able to upload your acceptance letter from the Israel travel program you plan to attend. PLEASE NOTE – you will be asked to upload tax documents if you submit a Need-based Israel Scholarship Application.
- Once you complete your application and choose the SUBMIT button, you will receive confirmation of your submission and further notification from our Israel Scholarship Program Director.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Debbie Swartz at 412-992-5208 or DSwartz@jfedpgh.org.
- Jewish Federation Scholarships
Federation offers both need-based and non-need-based scholarships to send teens to Israel. Funding amounts may vary depending on the length of the trip. Please review the complete application instructions above. Call Debbie Swartz at 412-992-5208 for more information or email her at email@example.com.
- Jewish Scholarship Service of Greater Pittsburgh
For students in accredited higher education, including in Israeli institutions.
412-422-7200 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- MASA Israel Journey Grants and Scholarships
For gap-year, study abroad, post-college, and volunteer programs for adults ages 18–30.
- Zionist Organization of America
Up to 3 scholarships yearly, for high school students entering junior or senior year.
412-665-4630 | email@example.com
- Hebrew Free Loan Association
Interest-free loans, including for Israel travel.
412-422-8878 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Passport to Israel
Passport to Israel is a savings program that provides matching dollars from the Jewish Community Foundation for qualifying trips to Israel. Children in first through ninth grade may enroll. See www.jewishpgh.org/passport for more information and to enroll.
Find the Right Program!
Local Programs with Israel trips
- Diller Teen Fellows International Teen Leadership program
Local Contact: Chris Herman, Director
- Emma Kaufman Camp CIT program
Local Contact: Rachael Speck, Assistant Director
Youth Movement Programs
Pluralistic Youth Movements
- Young Judaea
- International MASA
Israel is a funding partnership between the Jewish Federations of North America, the government of Israel, the Jewish Agency for Israel and its partners, and Keren HaYesod. Go to masaisrael.org to get information about more than 200 programs and grants.
18-19 Jewish Federation Israel Scholarship Night Dates
All scholarship applicants are required to attend a group program with other applicants at the Federation. The goal of the session is for the applicants and their parents to learn about the work of the Jewish Federation, share their expectations for the trip and ask any questions.
ISRAEL SCHOLARSHIP NIGHT AT THE JEWISH FEDERATION
All sessions are at 7:30 pm
at the Jewish Federation Building
2000 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
December 13, 2018
February 21, 2019
April 24, 2019
May 21, 2019
All scholarship applicants are required to attend the Jewish Federation Israel Scholarship Night. Parents are also strongly encouraged to attend. Applicants must choose one of these dates on the online application here. All sessions will begin at 7:30 pm.
LECH L'CHA — GET GOING!
The Israel Scholarship Program is funded by the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh’s Annual Campaign, with additional funding for need-based scholarships funded by The Stanley z"l and Flo Mae Moravitz Israel Scholarship Endowment Fund of The Jewish Community Foundation of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh. The Passport to Israel Program is funded by the Sholom Comay Family Endowment Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.