Please Be Aware
Swatting campaigns have targeted multiple synagogues across the country. Since July there have been at least 40 Jewish organizations targeted. Learn more from Secure Community Network.
Hardy Lloyd’s detention hearing was rescheduled for Aug 30th at 10am. He remains in custody. We will provide a status update after his hearing.
Security Matters in the News This Week
- From tragedy to teamwork – JNS.org (jns.org→)
- The FBI has formed a national database to track and prevent ‘swatting’ (nbcnews.com→)
- Maine lawmakers denounce latest neo-Nazi demonstration, call for action (pressherald.com→)
- Jewish communities in Hawaii lead relief efforts in wake of deadly fire (thejc.com→)
- UPDATE: Midtown roads reopen after bomb threat against Jewish organizations forces evacuations (roughdraftatlanta.com→)
As we prepare for back-to-school, please review your current contact lists in BluePoint. If changes are needed, please contact Erin Fagan at email@example.com.
Security Resources and/or Training
Please schedule your training needs for the year as soon as possible. Our schedule is filling up quickly.
Join Secure Community Network (SCN) and a guest panelist from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as we discuss FY2024 NSGP updates and guidance for this year's grant application.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 United States + Google Map
Join this 4-part course addressing: The mind of the active shooter-predator vs. prey Situational awareness and survival mindset Basic self-defense techniques and weapons awareness and disarming techniques Reality based training.
Please contact Erin Fagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-992-5252 to schedule this training.
Situational Awareness, Active Threat, and Usher/Greeter Training
If you or your organization have not yet had these training modules, please contact Erin Fagan at email@example.com or 412-992-5252. All can be made available in person or via Zoom.
If you need more Emergency Safety Procedures Flip Charts contact Erin Fagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-992-5252.