Please Be Aware
Many people have asked how to best protect themselves in response to rising antisemitism and the ongoing heightened threat tempo. In addition to being vigilant and well-trained on Situational Awareness, Countering Active Threat (Run Hide Fight), CPR, and Stop the Bleed we are encouraging those who are interested to attend Advanced Countering Active Threat training with a world-renowned Krav Maga expert. This free training focuses on enhanced situational awareness, defensive tactics, and weapons awareness. This training is scheduled for Sunday, Dec 17th from 2-5p at Rodef Shalom. If you cannot make this session, we will offer sessions monthly through March 2024. For more information and to register please refer to event link below.
On Nov 15th, FBI Director Christopher Wray and Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro N. Mayorkas testified in front of the U.S. House Homeland Security Committee, warning the committee and the country about the increasingly hostile threat environment facing American Jews in the wake of the 07 October Hamas terror attacks on Israel. Director Wray also shared that the FBI is investigating ongoing activity by Hamas and other terror groups and extremist organizations. See article below.
In Pittsburgh, YTD the Jewish Federation has logged 260 incidents in our Virtual Command Center, this compares to 122 incidents for the entire year of 2022.
REMINDER: We are in a heightened threat environment and are working in close collaboration with law enforcement to monitor potential threat activity. There are no known or direct threats related to our Pittsburgh Jewish community. Continue to be vigilant; report suspicious behavior to 911 and then the Jewish Federation via the Incident Report at jewishpgh.org/form/incident-report.
Security Matters in the News This Week
- The Whole Story with Anderson Cooper (cnn.com)
- Vandals paint swastikas on headstones at Jewish cemetery in Brooklyn (cleveland.com)
- Homeland Security officials warn of rising threats after Hamas attacks (jpost.com)
- NYC Jewish sites hit with bomb threats, inert grenade, as Gaza war sparks rise in antisemitism (nydailynews.com)
- Please review your current contact lists in BluePoint. If changes are needed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please remember that a BluePoint training video and refresher video are available upon request.
Security Resources and/or Training
- De-Escalation Training is available, please contact us to schedule this training.
- Situational Awareness, Countering Active Threat, and Usher/Greeter Trainings are available, please contact us if you have not yet had this training.
If you need more Emergency Safety Procedures Flip Charts let us know.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213 United States + Google Map
With a World-Renowned Krav Maga Expert This 4-part course will address these important topics: The mind of the active shooter predator vs. prey, situational awareness and survival mindset. Basic self-defense techniques. Weapons awareness and disarming techniques. Reality based training. This free training focuses on enhanced situational awareness, defensive tactics, and weapons awareness. If you cannot make this session, we will offer sessions monthly through March 2024.