Please Be Aware
We continue to see violent, targeted antisemitic attacks across the country, two notable events this week were in Los Angeles and Cleveland.
- Two Jews shot while leaving Los Angeles synagogue, suspect detained (jpost.com → )
- South Euclid police investigating gun incident outside Arova (clevelandjewishnews.com → )
Several known antisemitic, white supremacist, and neo-Nazi groups have encouraged their followers to participate in a “National Day of Hate” on February 25th. The event has been promoted in online channels and is meant as a call to action for followers to conduct in-person propaganda efforts across the US, similar to efforts observed from these groups in the past. The antisemitic activity will likely include in-person demonstrations, flyering, stickering, banner drops, and vandalism. We are not aware of any specific, credible threats to the Pittsburgh Jewish community. If you see any suspicious activity, call 911 (if appropriate) and notify us.
The PCCD State Security Grant is now open. If you are interested in applying and would like help, contact Erin Fagan at email@example.com or 412-992-5252.
SCN will be hosting a series of webinars in the coming weeks to help prepare for the 2023 Non-Profit Security Grant Program (NSGP), information and registration can be found here. We anticipate the grant opening in late February/early March. Register on securecommunitynetwork.org →
Security Matters in the News This Week
- FBI informs public on violent extremism before trial of accused synagogue shooter (jewishchronicle.com → )
- Someone displaying a swastika appeared on a Zoom call at the statehouse. Now the meetings might not resume (kcci.com → )
- Anti-Semitic vandalism reported at University of Denver (9news.com → )
Security Resources and/or Training
Situational Awareness, Active Threat, and Usher/Greeter Training
If you or your organization have not yet had these training modules, please contact Erin Fagan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-992-5252. All can be made available in person or via Zoom.
If you need more Emergency Safety Procedures Flip Charts contact Erin Fagan at email@example.com or 412-992-5252.