Volunteering During the Coronavirus Pandemic
Scroll through for different types of volunteer projects and click for more information.
Virtual/At-Home Volunteer Opportunities
- Fundraise to support the Jewish Federation’s Community Campaign
- Email a letter to the Jewish Association on Aging
- Check on local seniors with AgeWell CheckMates
- Donate homegrown produce with Jewish Family and Community Services
- Sew face masks for the Jewish Association on Aging or other healthcare providers
- Collect crayons for No Crayon Left Behind (to be donated later through the Volunteer Center)
- Join a youth/senior pen pal program with the YMCA
- Check in with vulnerable community members with the YMCA
- Email staff from Children’s Hospital to make calls to youth through the Center of Adolescent and Young Adult Health
- Email staff from Wesley Family Services to make calls to seniors
- Apply to make calls to seniors with North Hills Community Outreach
- Sign up to be a ‘buddy’ for a neighbor with Pittsburgh Cares
- Become a virtual tutor for the Latino Community Center's SOY after-school program
- Assist the Center for Women's mentorship, empowerment and financial fitness programs
In-Person Volunteer Opportunities
- Donate blood through Vitalant
- Sign up to help pick up and deliver food with 412 Food Rescue
- Deliver meals to Jewish seniors through Mollie's Meals
- Prepare and distribute food in Homewood-Brushton and Hazelwood with the YMCA
- Volunteer with the Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
- Apply to help deliver food to seniors with North Hills Community Outreach
- Email staff from Wesley Family Services to help deliver food to seniors
- Email staff from Light of Life Rescue Mission to help distribute food
Tell Us About Yourself
Let Us Play Matchmaker!
The Volunteer Center is great at finding the right opportunity for you based on your talents and interests.
And no one is better at finding the right volunteers for your organization!