The Jewish Agency for Israel supports residents enduring months of rockets, mortars and firebombs.
By Alan Hoffmann, CEO & Director General, The Jewish Agency for Israel
For several months, residents of Israel’s south have suffered relentless rocket attacks, mortar fire and arson kites making what we would think of as normal life impossible.
Times like these bring into sharp relief the work The Jewish Agency does each and every day in southern Israel generally and the Gaza perimeter in particular.
- Around 100 children from the Gaza perimeter will attend two weeks of our Fund for Victims of Terror summer camp in August.
- Through Partnership2Gether the Jewish Federation of San Diego County raised funds to support their partner region, Sha’ar Hanegev.
- Youth Futures mentors are identifying at-risk children showing signs of trauma and referring them to the services they need – or just giving a hug and a kind word.
- The staff of our Absorption Centers are on hand 24/7 for security and emotional support, and are running summer camps for new immigrant children.
- Amigour staff are also there around the clock to help elderly residents get to safe shelter as quickly as possible when air raid sirens go off.
These Jewish Agency programs and more ensure that communities near Gaza remain resilient.