As opposed to me sharing the impact of Federation, here it is through this week’s independent Pittsburgh Jewish Chronicle:
1. Onward Israel is a premier program providing our college aged young adults with a high-quality internship experience in Israel. Our Federation has been involved in funding and recruiting for Onward since its inception.
2. The role of Federation is not always one of direct funder. Much of what we do is in the form of facilitating and supporting others to address their needs without direct financial intervention. This is a perfect example of how our efforts, emanating from our staff and volunteers, makes a positive difference.
3. There are now 175 people registered for our Mega Mission in June. Join us!
4. In this article, Jordan Golin, CEO of JFCS, “credited the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh with playing a vital role in supporting critical needs. ‘In some ways it’s a luxury to be able to provide a service to help people who might otherwise slip through the cracks,’ he said. ‘Because their needs are so varied, it’s hard to sometimes make a case for funding for a program like that, and the Federation’s support has really been important.'”
5. The Federation with other Pennsylvania Federations and the Pennsylvania Jewish Coalition (funded by our Federation) successfully lobbied to establish this anti-BDS legislation enacted by our state several years ago.
All of this happens because of you, our donors. Congratulations for literally making the headlines!