Strengthen Jewish life. Support those in need. Build a safer, more inclusive world.
What is the Community Campaign?
Strengthening Jewish life. Supporting those in need. Building a safer, more inclusive world. When you support the Community Campaign, you provide critical funding for these three areas of impact. The Community Campaign is the heartbeat of our funding efforts, using your individual giving to leverage corporate, foundation and government dollars to multiply your impact many times over.
Strengthening Jewish life
We connect people to Jewish life in ways that they find meaningful. From day schools to retirement homes and from community centers to synagogues, we support a wide range of programs and institutions for people at all life stages that together create a more vibrant and resilient Jewish community in greater Pittsburgh. The Community Campaign supports programs including:
- Jewish life and learning, including Jewish early childhood education, Jewish day schools and synagogue programs
- Programs to connect people to Jewish life, including YAD, interfaith connection programs, Shabbat dinners and more
Supporting those in need
We take care of community members experiencing hardship, and adapt to meet ever-changing needs so that each person can live with dignity. In times of crisis, we quickly send help where it’s most needed.
We provide funding, planning and leadership development to address a wide range of needs throughout people’s lives including food and financial insecurity, mental health, and support for people with disabilities, here and around the world. The Campaign supports programs like:
- A variety of financial resources for people in need and people who just want Jewish life to be more affordable
- Our eight main partner agencies, providing healthcare, crisis support, older adult care, education and the space for everyone to feel included, supported and inspired
- Our global partners who rebuild Jewish life around the world: the Jewish Agency for Israel, Joint Distribution Committee and World ORT
Building a safer, more inclusive world
We lead and support efforts that advance a more just, secure and inclusive society, where we accept everyone regardless of their backgrounds, beliefs or identity; where we work together against antisemitism, hate and discrimination. Through our work on security, advocacy, outreach and programming, we’re building a diverse, equitable community. The Campaign supports programs like:
- Jewish community security, working across Pittsburgh to make Jewish spaces safer and to help all communities under threat
- Our efforts to work with other faith and minority groups and with elected officials to make Pittsburgh safer, more equitable and open to all