Many have reached out to ask how we can provide support to the local Muslim community after the horrendous shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand, on March 15, 2019. Here are several opportunities to do so:
STAND WITH THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY
- Friday, March 22, 11:30am-2pm: Attend a Friday afternoon prayer service at Attawheed Islamic Center, 401 Washington Ave., Carnegie. Organized by Temple Emanuel and Beth El in the South Hills. Please be mindful of limited parking and carpool or take an Uber/Lyft/taxi if possible. Arrive anytime between 11:30am-2pm.
- Friday, March 22, 1pm: Attend a Friday afternoon prayer service at the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh, 4100 Bigelow Blvd., Pittsburgh. Organized by Tree of Life*Or L’Simcha Congregation. Street parking is allowed with a permit (see attached document), which must be printed and placed on your dashboard.
- Sunday, March 24, 5pm: Rehumanize: A Vigil for Muslims in New Zealand. Soldiers and Sailors, 4141 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh. Plan to arrive early – we expect it to be packed.
The Greater Pittsburgh Jewish Community has raised more than $310,000 from nearly 5,000 donors over the last several days! All proceeds go to supporting the Victims of Terror in New Zealand.
- Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh Emergency Relief Fund. $260,000+ from nearly 4,000 donors! PLEASE NOTE: This fund will close prior to Shabbat on Friday, March 29.
- Tree of Life Go Fund Me Page. Approximately $50,000 from nearly 1,000 donors!