Before submitting event details to the Jewish Federation’s Community Calendar, have event information at hand.
- Know the event date.
(The calendar will allow you to show if an event recurs.)
- Be ready to enter the event title and time, venue name and address, organizer(s) contact info, cost (if any), and event description.
- Have an event image ready to upload (OPTIONAL).
- Know in which category or categories your event falls. Use:
- HOLD to show a tentative date
- VIRTUAL to show that an event is online
- PJ LIBRARY NEWSLETTER to have your event listed in PJ Library’s monthly email broadcast.
(Choose this category only if your event is relevant to preschoolers or their parents.)
- Choosing more than one category is fine!*
- Have an idea how you’d like to tag your event. You’ll be able to choose from many existing tags — such as Young Adult, Synagogue, or Teens. Multiple relevant tags are encouraged — they help people search for your event**.
- Know how you’d like to cite your organization(s) as event organizer(s). A long list of organizers will be provided; you may add a new name or select more than one.
- If applicable, be ready to enter URL(s) that will link the calendar user:
- To more information (an event website).
- A way to register (an online registration page).
Because the Community Calendar is curated:
- Submitted information will not appear immediately. In most cases, copy appears within 24 hours. Or someone will be in touch with questions or suggestions.
- Help with uploading and calendar function is available! See below for a contact email address.
When you’re ready to submit event details to the Community Calendar, choose the button below or visit the Online Event-Submission Form at jewishpgh.org/events/community/add.
Contact email@example.com to:
- Remove a HOLD, to confirm an event date
- EDIT an existing event
- Mark an event as CANCELED
- DELETE an event
- SOLVE technical problems
By using the Jewish Federation’s free Community Calendar, you help keep Pittsburgh’s Jewish community informed, vibrant — and connected!
Additional Available Categories & Tags that Effect Display
There are many categories and hundreds of tags that people can use to search the calendar for events of interest. Applying the following specific terms to your event, however, will insure that it will display on the associated webpage to reach a specific audience.
- Missions & Travel (jewishpgh.org/missions)
- Young Adult Division (jewishpgh.org/young-adults)
- Interfaith (jewishpgh.org/crc)
- Israel (jewishpgh.org/israel)
- PJ Library Newsletter (will be included in monthly enewsletter to over 1,500 readers)
- Security (jewishpgh.org/security, jewishpgh.org/training)
- VIRTUAL ( jewishpgh.org/connecting-virtually)